For the news and views you might have missed
Scrap the MAP! Rally Tomorrow, January 23rd
Educators, parents and students are opposing the MAP test at many Seattle schools at this time.
· The test isn’t based on school curriculum or state standards. It does not test critical thinking or creativity.
· The test is being misused for student placement and evaluating teachers, despite the testmaker’s warnings against this.
· The data is inconsistent and undependable (predicted errors are greater than expected student gains).
· Students do not take it seriously because they know it is a joke. Most do worse when tested the second time.
· The test is a waste of students’ learning time and school resources.
· The test is described by the State Auditor’s office as an ethics violation. It is.
· Every student is treated as a number. They are much more complex than this and deserve better. We all do.
Enough is Enough
Support the resistance to this test.
Join educators, parents, students and the community at a rally to end the MAP test.
Hear the stories. Join the movement.
Wednesday January 23rd, 2013 at 4:00 PM
The John Stanford Center 2445 3rd Ave S in SODO